- Accommodation: Bubble Lodge Bois Cheri
1 August 2019 – 1 November 2019
1 Nights accommodation
Bubble Lodge Bois Cheri
Surrounded by a pretty lake, offering breathtaking views and the opportunity to enjoy a tea tasting at the factory located there, Bubble Lodge is located in the Domaine of Bois Cheri, the island’s most famous Tea Estate. It’s situated 17km from the Airport and 40km from Grand Baie. Here, guests stay in ‘bubbles’ that are set apart to offer guests the utmost privacy.These unique see-through bubble-shaped lodges are extraordinary transparent structures that are completely eco-friendly; they have no impact on the environment. They are also designed for the utmost comfort, offering guests an unparalleled experience that is unusual and luxurious at the same time. Each ‘bubble’ is fitted with a king size bed, sofa bed, living area, outdoor shower and air-conditioning in the main areas. Decor is simple yet sumptuous, offering guests the perfect natural hideaway. There is an excellent restaurant on the premises.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN TRAVELLING TO MAURITIUS
• Tropical climate with year-round heat
• Summer months are from December to April where it can be extremely humid. The wettest months are December to March.
• Cooler winter months are from May to November.
• Coastal temperatures range from 25 to 33 degrees Celsius in summer and from 18 to 24 degrees Celsius in winter. On the interior plateau it’s 5 degrees Celsius cooler on average.
• Peak season is from November to April inclusive of Christmas and the French school holidays.
WHAT TO PACK
• During summer take cooler clothes, sunscreen and hats for the day time. Evenings at specific resorts will have a smart/casual attire policy.
• During winter months, take along warmer clothes for the evenings.
• Shops are open Monday – Saturday 10:00 — 17:00 & Sundays 10:00 – 12:00
• Port Louis market is open Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 16:00 & Sundays 10:00 – 12:00
• Vacoas market is open Tuesday & Friday 10:00 – 16:00 • Quatre Bornes market is open Thursday & Sunday 10:00 – 16:00
• Flacq market is open Wednesday & Sunday 10:00 – 16: 00
• Popular shopping outlets: Bagatelle Mall, Grand Baie La Croisette, Cascavelle Shopping Village, Phoenix Mall, Trianon Shopping park, So’Flo, Flacq Coeur de Ville.
• The local currency is the Mauritian Rupee. US Dollars and Euros are widely accepted in all resorts.
• Bureau de Change can be found at the airport offering the best exchange rates, but it is also possible to change money at the hotel reception.
• ATMs can found in shopping outlets.
• It is recommended to buy bottled water.
TIPPING / PORTERAGE
• Tipping is not compulsory in Mauritius and is not included in your package. The recommended gratuity amounts in restaurants and bars are between 5% to 10%. Tourist guides Rs 200 per day and Rs100 for your transfer vehicle driver. Porterage is from Rs50.
• Learn a few words of the local language so you know what’s considered polite in terms of eating, greeting and local values.
• Appropriate behaviours by travellers helps ensure local communities continue to be hospital and friendly.
• Respect other people’s cultures and avoid imposing your beliefs.
• Adhere to the hotel’s water or energy conservation policies.
• Buy locally made crafts and support local skills. Buy them preferably from the craftsman himself to ensure your money goes to the artist and not the middle man.
• Lock valuables away while travelling and always be vigilant of your belongings. Never leave them unattended.
• English is the official language. French and Creole are commonly spoken.
• South African passport holders do not require a visa.
• Time is 2 hours ahead of South Africa.
• Smoking is allowed in designated outdoor areas; however it is prohibited in indoor public areas.
• 220V – 240V. Special Plugs British Style 3-pin standard sockets and Continental Style 2 -in sockets.
WHAT THINGS COST
• Bottle of water Rs20 / Soft Drink Rs40 Beer Rs50 / Bottle of wine Rs300 Light lunch Rs300 / Dinner Rs500
R3 273 per person sharing